This statement of Users’ data protection are based on the Law “On personal data protection” of the RA and other international standards with regard to automatic processing of personal data.
“Rocket” (hereandafter Service Provider) collects information about its service users when they use “Rocket” mobile applications, websites, and other online products and services (collectively, the “Services”) and through other interactions and communications with Service Provider.
This Privacy Statement (“Statement") applies to persons anywhere in the world who use “Rocket” apps or Services to request transportation, delivery, or other on-demand services. This Statement does not apply to information collected from or about drivers, couriers, partner transportation companies, or any other persons who use the “Rocket” platform under license (collectively “Drivers”). If you interact with the Services as both a User and a Driver, the respective privacy statements apply to your different interactions.
The Service provider collects information that is provided by Users when createing or modifying accounts, request on-demand services, contact customer support, or otherwise communicate with Service provider. This information may include: name, email, phone number, postal address, profile picture, payment method, items requested (for delivery services), delivery notes, and other information you choose to provide.
The information in the following general categories is collected:
· Location Information: When Users use the Services for transportation or delivery, the Service provider collects precise location data about the trip from the “Rocket”app used by the Driver. If the User permits the “Rocket” app to access location services through the permission system used by mobile operating system (“platform”), the Service Provider may also collect the precise location of device when the app is running in the foreground or background. The service Provider may also derive User’s approximate location from IP address.
· Contacts Information: If the User permits the “Rocket” app to access the address book on his/her device through the permission system used by the mobile platform, the Service provider may access and store names and contact information from address book to facilitate social interactions through our Services and for other purposes described in this Statement or at the time of consent or collection.
· Transaction Information: The Service provider collects transaction details related to Service users’ use of Services, including the type of service requested, date and time the service was provided, amount charged, distance traveled, and other related transaction details. Additionally, if someone uses the promo code, the Rervise provider may associate your name with that person.
· Device Information: The service provider may collect information about mobile device, including, for example, the hardware model, operating system and version, software and file names and verions, preferred language, unique device identifier, advertising identifiers, serial number, device motion information, and mobile network information.
· Call and SMS Data: Services facilitate communications between Users and Drivers. In connection with facilitating this service, the Service provider receive call data, including the date and time of the call or SMS message, the parties’ phone numbers, and the content of the SMS message.The Service provider will be possible to record telephone conversations between the provider, customers and drivers.
· Log Information: When Service user interacts with the Services, Service provider collects server logs, which may include information like device IP address, access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity, type of browser, and the third-party site or service you were using before interacting with our Services.
Most mobile platforms (iOS, Android, etc.) have defined certain types of device data that apps cannot access without your consent. And these platforms have different permission systems for obtaining your consent. The iOS platform will alert when the first time the “Rocket” app wants permission to access certain types of data and will let user consent (or not consent) to that request. Android devices will notify users of the permissions that the “Rocket”app seeks before the first use the app, and your use of the app constitutes your consent.
Service provider may also receive information from other sources and combine that with information collected through Services. For example:
· If the Service user chooses to link, create, or log in to account with the “Rocket” payment provider the Service provider may receive information about Service user or connections from that site or app.
· If employer of Service user uses one of enterprise solutions, such as “Rocket” for Business, the informationmay be received about the business from employer.
· When the request on demand services is made, Drivers may provide Service provider with a “Rocket” User rating after providing services.
The Service provider may use the information we collect about the User to:
· Provide, maintain, and improve Services, including, for example, to facilitate payments, send receipts, provide products and services, develop new features, provide customer support to Users and Drivers, develop safety features, authenticate users, and send product updates and administrative messages;
· Perform internal operations, including, for example, to prevent fraud and abuse of Services; to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems; to conduct data analysis, testing, and research; and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends;
· Send or facilitate communications (i) between User and a Driver, such as estimated times of arrival (ETAs), or (ii) between User and a contact of direction in connection with use of certain features, such as referrals, invites, split fare requests, or ETA sharing;
· Send communications of interest to User, including information about products, services, promotions, news, and events of “Rocket”and other companies, where permissible;
· Personalize and improve the Services, including to provide or recommend features, content, social connections, referrals, and advertisements.
The Service provider may share the collected information described in this Statement and in accordace to the Law.
The Service provider may share your information:
· With Drivers to enable them to provide the Services you request. For example, pickup and/or drop-off locations with Drivers;
· With third parties to provide a service requested through a partnership or promotional offering made by a third party or us;
· With the general public if you submit content in a public forum, such as blog comments, social media posts.
· In response to a request for information by a competent authority if in accordance with, or is otherwise required by, any applicable law;
· With law enforcement officials, government authorities, or other third parties if the Service provider believes that actions are inconsistent with User agreements, Terms of Service, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of “Rocket” or others;
· If the Service provider otherwise notifies the User and the User consents to the sharing.
The Services may integrate with social sharing features which let User to share actions with other apps, sites, or media, and vice versa. The usage of such features enables the sharing of information with friends or the public, depending on the settings User establishes with the social sharing service.
The User may correct account information at any time by logging into online or in-app account. The User may cancel his/her account by sending email to “Rocket” administration. However, in some cases certain information can be retained as required by law, or for legitimate business purposes to the extent permitted by law.